In Ongole!

We made it! Hope you've been reading Sandwiche's blog (www.blessingssandwich.blogspot.com). She's been giving all the details. I've been very emotional since meeting the boys at the boy's home and can't really formulate thoughts right now. But when I do, watch out. It'll be a watershed!

Sandwich and I have joked that everyone needs to go to her blog for the facts and my blog (when I do eventually blog) because mine will have all the emotional content. Everyone knows I live and breathe through my emotions... and India is a very emotional place.

India with adorable little orphans who melt your heart is even more emotional.

India with adorable little orphans who have autism and who melt your heart is.... uh oh, here comes the tears...

For our church group, we're all okay. Everyone is doing great. I'm actually the only one who's had a breakdown... and out of the TX group, I'm the only one who's been before. The newbies are handling it great! lol

Off to Victory Home today. 66 kids!!! Oh my. I cried for 5 hours (s'rsly!) last night over 18 boys. What will today bring???!!!

I need to end this b/c we're about to leave. But I will leave with these parting words. Get your butt over to Sarah's Covenant Homes. They NEED volunteers. It will change your life. Even if you're here for only a few days.

It will break you.... but it is worth it.

Lots and lots and lots of thoughts to post when I get a chance.

Do me a favor when you get off the computer. If you have kids... go give them a hug. Hug them up and squeeze them and just tell them how much you love them. Not every child gets to hear that. Call your mom and dad and tell them you love them and thank them for all they've done for you. Realize how lucky you are to have a family.....

Comments

Jane said…
Excellent news Leslie! Thrilled you arrived safely. I just read Sandwiche's blog for details, so glad your brought a slinkly! (Sounds like it was a hit with Michael as well as the other boys.) What an amazing experience you are having! So emotional and rich... just like the country we love so much no? : )
Cheers~
Jane
Anonymous said…
I just finished reading your friends blog with all of her postings. Tell her THANK YOU for all the wonderful posts about your trip. Praying for you all here.
Much love, Donna
Anonymous said…
Donna Newman : )
julie said…
Love reading all the blogs! Thanks for keeping us updated. Praying for you all. You are most certainly making a difference in these kids lives! Love you all,
julie
Amy said…
You inspire me my sweet friend. Praying for you!
sandwichinwi said…
Leslie, this was beautiful!

Love you!
Sandwich

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!