What a Beautiful Little Cheetah


Isn't she gorgeous??!!!!

This was taken this afternoon at the Cedar Creek Arts & Crafts Festival. We held a fundraiser there to help raise money to go to India to work with Sarah's kids in January.

Tuesday, one of the teens going, did face painting. She did a great job! I'll be posting all the pictures and the total raised later tonight on the India blog. (Oh, I know - I promised that there'd be no more blog plugging. I'm shameless, aren't I?)

Anyway, Nandi decided that she wanted her entire face painted like a cheetah. Quite fitting actually... not that I would know firsthand that her teeth and claws are razor sharp. Oh no. Nooooope. Would know nothin' about that. (ahem).

But, you know, despite everything that's going on right now, you cannot deny that she is absolutely stunning.

Beautiful, really. She's just breathtaking, isn't she?

I know I haven't blogged much lately about what's been going on, but will try to do an update this weekend. Sim actually has Sunday and Monday off (Look! Over there! Pigs! Flying!) so maybe I can sit down for more than 5 minutes and let you all know what's going on.

We have high hopes that she (and we) will get through this. The alarming part is that the more we work with Nandi, the more Eli backslides... we are actually a little more concerned about Eli at the moment. RAD? Fetal Alcohol? ODD? We're not sure... but there's something going on. We've stopped seeing his old therapist and we're all seeing an attachment therapist now. She seems really cool and good... and we're hoping that we won't have to see her for long.

Why, you ask? Let me break it down...

Trip to Dallas: $12.30

Lunch for two at Indian buffet: $15.90

One-hour session at one of the only attachment therapists in all of North Texas: $195

Look on our face when we realized that we might go bankrupt over this: Priceless

There are some things in life that money can't buy, for everything else, there's Chapter 7.

LOL - Sim's going to be so ticked I put that in there. He thinks my jokes are incredibly lame. In fact, during our attachment therapy session, he would frequently nudge me, as if to say, "Will you stop it! That stupid joke you just told cost us 6 bucks."

I can't help it. I ramble when I get nervous.

Anyway, will update on all the kids later on this weekend. Noah is doing awesome!! We started a new therapy with him that I'll blog about it. He's doing great. He's still a sweet little, Anoop lovin', little boy.

Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Comments

Chantelle said…
She IS gorgeous, yes!!! Wow. (And I'm very much looking forward to you updating us more on your life.)
truevyne said…
Hey! I like your jokes. But I guess it never helps for anyone to suggest another, "Lighten up." And yup, our therapy is costing us a fortune we do not have either-
Gas: Arm
Lunch: Leg
Therapy: First Born

Where are you going in India, and what will be your project?
Gayla said…
Hi! She is beautiful! Looking forward to the updates. I will be sending you some very exciting updates soon as well :) Praying that you all get all the money you need for the trip. I may have to make a trip with you all in the future :)
Amy said…
Beautiful she is!! :0) Amy
TracyC said…
She is absolutely stunning.

Hey, I was going to send you brownies but gosh darn if I didn't eat them....again.

(I have faith Nandi will get better!)
Anonymous said…
Leslie, I just love you....You always make me laugh! Tell Sim that SOME people TOTALLY GET your sense of humor! Maybe it's because he's British! ;o)

An Miss Nandi is very beautiful...so glad she's making progress, and praying you figure out Eli's needs soon!

Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Why I Haven't Been Blogging