My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post

Ooooh, a challenge. And one that requires brevity! Do you think I can do it? It's 6:27 am. Let's try.

Let's face it. My blogging has become ridiculous - practically nonexistent lately. I don't know where all the time has gone. Plus, I am still getting over the most baffling jet lag in the entire history of the world. It's beyond anything I've ever experienced in my life.

I think I must've been bit by a mosquito or something that causes you want to sleep all day, mope all night, and consume copious amounts of bread and cheese. (Something that I'd given up several months ago... so it must be some sort of rare and obscure Indian mosquito bite, right?)

I'm also convinced that my hair is being overtaken with lice... but no one can find any eggs... which means all the infertile lice in India made my head their home b/c I know something is in there.

Please excuse me while I remove myself from the keyboard to scratch my head. It takes both hands.

(How many of you just scratched your head upon reading about lice? Come one, you can admit it.)

I do have more video and pics to post... but honestly, where is the time going? So if you are partial to a particular child at SCH, please email me or leave a comment and I'll see if I have any pictures or videos or anecdotes to share.

By the way, Sim bought his ticket! He's leaving the last week of April and he'll be spending a week at Sarah's and then a few days in London to visit his family. Two birds with one stone, I say.

Eli is sitting here at the table, doubting I can finish this blog post in 5 more minutes. He's playing with the miniature dinosaurs I bought at Dollar Tree for the 21 Valentine's we have to make for his class party. We'll cut out pink hearts, glue a dinosaur to the heart and write "You are DINO-mite!"

Come on, this is Eli we're talking about. Did you expect anything less than a dinosaur valentine? lol

Nandi is in bed with the crud. Poor kid.. she is a bronchitis magnet. Probably another day off of school for her... which the teachers will be relieved about. I don't feel bad about her missing school b/c I consider it a favor to the teachers. lol

Seriously, I think she holds the crown for the child who has acquired the most frowny faces this academic year.

Noah is doing great. Still asleep and all cuddled up under his duvet. Said "Papa" the other day. If you want to see a grown man cry.... awww. Now, if only we could get him to say it again.

As for me, still trying to get over India - if I even want to get over it. Miss those kids SO INCREDIBLY MUCH! But it has also made me realize that I need to spend lots of time with my own kids. They really are such a blessing and they're growing up too fast.

Also revisiting homeschooling for next year. But that's another post in itself.

2 minutes left!

I'd like to thank my 9th grade typing teacher for forcing me to learn how to type as a school requirement. Otherwise, I'd be like my husband who henpecks at a rate of 5 words per minute. If that. (Love ya, Babe!)

Time's up!

Whew. See what I can put my mind to if I just concentrate.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ok that cracks me up---my Noah sounds like your Nandi. He is walking up the stairs with a baseball bat as I type.

Lori P.
sandwichinwi said…
You are SO funny!

You know, I have an incredibly flaky head since I got home. Gross, really. I think it's either the stinky brown bath water at the hotel, or the tea tree oil. I gave my head a severe brushing the other night to get it all off and then washed it twice. Even if you do have lice, that ought to scare them away. (I did scratch my head, BTW)

blessings,
sandwich
Mom 4 Kids said…
I don't know what sounds worse the lice or the brown stinky water and tea tree oil combo? It's all making me itch! lol

Pharmacist gave me a tip one time when my kids received lice from school, the tip worked. Hair gel. The lice eggs can develop or something like that. If you put it in your hair when it is wet, and I mean really coat your hair, comb it through and blow-dry it you won't have the plastic looking hair you might imagine.

BTW hope you don't really need this tip. lol again!
Mom 4 Kids said…
I meant can NOT develop or something like that. sorry
Sneha V said…
Nooooooooo!!!!
I just wrote you a super long comment & then the sucky internet connection in the dorm ate it! :(

Let's see if I can sum it up again.

I looked through the pictures on facebook - and by golly, they're wonderful. The captions really told the story - and even though I wasn't there, I feel like I got to know those kids so well. And it really inspired me. So much.

And I know I tell you this all the time - but once again, it's so admirable to give up comforts of home (so sorry about the brown bath water & lice!) and go and serve. Woo! And I know you can't forget the kids-but the best thing you remember right now, is that even though you can't make their lives permanently better, you did make their lives better for one week. And sometimes, that's all you can do. But it's a lot in the eyes of those kids.

Anyways, I can't remember the rest of the other comment. :( But it went along the same lines, haha. Thanks for the quick catch-up! I love the Valentine idea though...you think my boyfriend would dig?

Hahah.

<3Sneha :)
Pam said…
Ms. Leslie,
I have been enjoying your blog for quite some time now1 I'm seventeen and can't wait to have lots of kids, some I hope as cute as yours.:) I also hope to adopt several and India has been a special country to me since I was like six years old.
I was wondering if you could share anything more about Jaron? He seems so amazing!
Also I hope you will be posting more about Noah, ELi and Nandi soon as I learn SOooo much!
Thanks,
A friend
Cherie said…
hey licey... i mean leslie... thanks for coming by the store with the receipt. Love the new cut! Very chic. I'll be there all day Sat. If you want, come by for a soy chia...i got my oregon chia in last week. (my fav.)

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward