A Big Thank You To All You Wise Women

I just wanted to take a minute and give a big blogging group hug to all you fabulous Mama's out there who responded to my "How Do You All Do It?" post. I know there are a few of you Dad's out there who read this (Hi, Mike!), but none of ya'll replied... so, sorry.. can't include you in this big Thank You post.

Honestly, I cannot tell you how blessed I am to know such a fantastic group of crazy, wacked-out women. Seriously...some of you can sure bring on the crazy, can't you? And I LOVE it. I was cracking up reading some of those comments. I had no idea any of you led insane lives that mirrored mine. Isn't it funny how you imagine that everyone else has it all together... and then you get the utter pleasure of realizing that they're all just hanging by a thread - ready to go loco at any minute. Isn't that awesome?

Are you detecting a bit too much glee in my voice?

Anyway, today, when I thought I was seriously going to lose my mind... I just imagined all you sitting in your house all stressed out, too.... and it made me feel soooooooooo much better.

Like right now... as I'm typing this... Eli is screaming because Nandini just hit him with some binoculars. Noah just did a stinky and I don't have any wipes because the other two got a hold of the box and pulled them all out - now they're covering my bathroom floor in a sticky, wet mess. Nandini is going through our magazine rack right this moment and throwing magazines all over the place. I can smell little perfume inserts wafting about in the living room. Oops.. .she just ran over to pinch Eli who has climbed into Noah's therapy chair and is stuck. Bad choice, Eli... she's gonna get you now. You can't run and you can't hide. Oh wait, what's that? Noah's opened the fridge and has a can of Redi Whip in one hand and a thing of biscuits in the other. And he still has that stinky. And there are no wipes. Eeew.

Normally, I'd be reaching for the chocolate... maybe shutting myself into the bathroom and curling up into a little ball... but not today. Not right now... because I'm rejoicing in the fact of knowing that this same scenario is playing out in homes across America this very moment.

So, thank you dear sisters. Please feel free to share your pain more often. It's much cheaper than a therapist and less fattening than a bag of Hershey kisses. (And typing does burn calories. I'm not sure how many, but I'm pretty sure it does).

Now.... if any of you can tell me how to convince my husband that a messy, toy-strewn house is perfectly normal... I'd really, really appreciate it.

And while we're at it... do any of you stay in your pajama's all day and then quickly change clothes, pop in your contacts and brush your teeth about 15 minutes before your husband gets home?

Not that I do that sort of thing, you know. I'm just asking for a friend.

Leslie

Comments

C said…
I had this basket of laundry that I would pick up and pop on my hip, walking through the house when Michael came home. To this day, I don't know if he ever caught on that it was the same exact laundry for a week or two.

We were looking through old pictures today. In one, my son was standing - stark naked - wearing only a Santa hat and my black dress boots (just FYI: the following pic was my older two sitting buck naked on the fireplace ... see the theme here?!?). We were trying to figure out the time frame. I had on a Santa hat, as well. Amongst the utter CRAP all over the floor was a sign that a friend had stuck on our door for my 30th birthday.

So, was it Christmas time? (December) Was it around my birthday? (June) The truth is, it could have been friggin March, for all we know. That's how things got cleaned during those years. The more we were trying to guess, the louder my husband laughed. :)

OH ... but now they're older, and yet our neighbor girl came over this week to play and looked at the living room and said, "What HAPPENED?"

Are you feeling better?
Anonymous said…
leslie,
i really feel for you i read the how do you do it,i really don't know how i do it either,and like you i thought every mom in the world was calm and not stressed out but i see i am not the only one.here's my tipical day:i get up at 7 am every morning m-f to make sure jimmie is getting ready for school because the bus comes at 8 am,jimmie is not an morning person at all he likes to argue and not do what you ask of him then he goes to school and brittany gets up i fed her and give her a drink she then watches cartoons,then i get a chance to wash the dishes and do the laundry,i can really do alot when brittany is playing or watching tv,then jimmie gets out of school and brittany and jimmie argue as i'm trying to read your blogs,brittany would come tell me jimmie hit her or called her stupid or something like that like brother and sisters do fight,anyhow i know my kids are not all preschool age but i do go crazy and get emotional and feel like i can't handle it anymore also espeacially when the kids tell on each other and fight and jimmie not wanting to mind and he talks back and all i feel like slapping him but i don't i either ground him or hit him on the backside.but he seems to be trying to do better.but i wanted to tell you i know what you mean i still have clean laundry that i need to hang up that has been needing hung up like 3 days now so don't feel bad from one cousin to the other.maybe i need to try the 10 minute clean up thing that might work here also.love ya,your cousin christie
sandwichinwi said…
Jammies all day---hell, yes! Pardon my French, but I've been lookin' for a jammie friend for ages! My kids are all dressed by 9 am, but I'm lucky to get out of the jams and nag one of the kids to wash some dishes before dh gets home at 4:30.

MY dirty little secret? shhhh Sometimes I wear comfy clothes all day, and then I wear them to bed and then I wear them again THE NEXT DAY! I've even gone to the library in them.

Some day I'll blog MY day! Then y'all can laugh!

Blessings,
Sandwich
Recovering Noah said…
Sandwich, that is EXACTLY what I do. In fact, yesterday, I slept in a tank top and yoga pants and wore them again all day today. Which also lets you know that I didn't take a shower today, either. And I'll end up wearing the same thing to bed tonight, too. I'm so glad someone else does that! We SO have to get together sometime. :-)

Christine, that is hysterical about those photos. I can so picture that. Did you ever find out what time of year it was? And, I have to let you know, that I am so going to use that laundry basket trick. Absolutely!! Thanks!

Christie, girl.. I know you've got your hands full, too. Maybe we can catch up and commiserate when you come down this way for Christmas. I'll supply the chocolate. :-)

Leslie

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post