Baby Jane Doe

I am so sad right now. I can't explain it. My heart just aches.

I had mentioned a few posts ago that my brother and SIL were trying to adopt a baby, who is the biological sister of the little girl they adopted a year ago. The birth mother has been on heroin for 9 solid months, so this baby would definitely be born addicted. For 5 months, they've been getting the run around. Well, the baby is due any day now and we found out today that she already had the baby earlier this week and the hospital let her take it home!! Are they insane??? For pete's sake, what were they thinking? She had her last 5 kids all at the same hospital, so they tested Alaina (my niece) right off the bat for drugs. This is a new hospital and all I can think is that they didn't test her. I don't know. Is drug testing routine for all newborns? I just cannot understand how they let that baby go home with the birthparents.

Let me give you a bit of background though, so you'll understand why I'm so mad. The BM (birthmother) has been on heroin for 9 months. This is her 6th child. She doesn't have custody of any of them. Alaina (my niece) was born with meth in her system. The BF (birthfather) is wanted on several different charges for drug dealing and has been to prison many times. His wife (yes, he's married) is currently in jail for prostitution. His 17 year old daughter fatally shot another girl last summer (it was ruled an accident... but who knows). They all currently live with the BF's mother, who has breast cancer and is in no shape to take care of anyone. The BM, though, is completely and totally avoiding her uncle... .the person who has been trying to faciliate the adoption and the only sane one in the bunch. We found out through the BF's sister that the baby was born. Oh, and that "the baby cries all the time". Uh, yeah, it cries all the time. It's addicted to heroin!! Ugh! I'm so disgusted by the whole thing.

I'm just frustrated and I'm trying not to be. But what kind of life is this baby going to have? Has she been to the hospital (since the birth)? Is she receiving treatment? Probably not. If so, CPS would have taken her (the baby) away by now. I think they're trying do it on their own. And I'm really scared about shaken baby syndrome. I'm scared to death they're going to lose their patience with her and shake her. They're just such shady characters. This innocent little baby is going to be caught up in this vicious cycle.

I'm sure some of you may be asking why don't we call CPS? Well, the birth parent's number has been disconnected. They move from place to place. When the uncle went to the last address he had (the grandmother's), he was told they weren't there anymore. He went to the aunt's and was told the same thing. It's all secret. And without a number or an address you can't do anything.

I am upset that my brother and SIL didn't get to adopt her. But the main thing is that I'm just so sad for this little baby. I'm sad that she's going to be raised in a house full of drug addicts. I'm sad that it's unlikely that she'll ever know anything different. And I'm sad that she might grow up to do the exact same thing. I just don't understand some people. I really don't.

So, if you could spare a prayer for Baby Jane Doe, I'd really appreciate it. I just pray that God watches over her and protects her and allows for her to come through all of this in one piece. I hope she's one of the ones that can overcome her environment - that she will be a survivor.

Thanks for listening.

Noah's Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Why I Haven't Been Blogging