Autism and Vaccines - Part Two

Okay, so this is not going to become a blog about vaccines, but with all the buzz being created by my new favorite person - Jenny McCarthy - people are starting to pay attention.

This is a post that refutes the CDC study that vaccines play no part in autism. Wow. I had no idea that the people in the original thimerosal test study in the 1930's were all dead by the end of the study. Wouldn't that make you go... hmmmmmm?? But somehow it's okay to put it in our vaccines? Oh, and isn't it odd that the person in charge of the study is a vaccine patent holder himself and on the advisory committee for childhood vaccines?

Like I said, I am PRO-vaccination. Vaccines are good. They're life-saving. I am all for wiping out serious disease. But please take the junk out of them. Please acknowledge that not all kids can handle them. Like Dr. Kartzinel said on Larry King last night.. if you give every child in the world a cat, some will be fine and some will be allergic. All kids are different. It's not a one-size fits all solution.

Take for example preemies. Everyone says that preemies must get vaccinated because they're at a higher risk for getting sick. Why? Because their immune systems are normally compromised... so the doctors say they need to be immunized. But vaccines don't account for weight. If the vaccine dose was developed based around a healthy 8 pound baby (just my speculation), why does the 3 or 4 lb preemie get the same dose? You have a baby with a weakened immune system getting double the amount of vaccine - and their body is not developed enough to handle it. Is this why preemies are at a higher risk for developing autism? And we're not talking thimerosal here. Take thimersosal out of the equation and you still have aluminum, formaldehyde, aborted fetal tissues, MSG, etc going into premature infants. Noah's vax's had thimerosal in them. And his pediatrician didn't trust his vaccines from India. so he was RE-VACCINATED. He was a 4lb preemie who only weighed 4.9lbs at 3 months old. We brought him home at 10.5 months, weighing 11 lbs and wearing size 0-3 clothing. And he was re-vaccinated and then vaccinated again to catch up to the CDC schedule.

I'm not saying don't vaccinate, but maybe it's worth waiting until the child's immune system is fully developed. Maybe it's worth doing a delayed vaccine schedule.

Anyway, here's the article I was talking about:

http://www.rescuepost.com/rescue_post/2007/09/again-a-study-s.html

And that's it from me. I'm not going to write about this repeatedly, but it is food for thought. All this recent autism chat in the news has gotten my blood boiling. No one is saying that vaccines CAUSE autism. We're saying they trigger it in some kids. I'm saying it triggered in my kid. That's all.

On, and if you want a fun, interesting, yeah!-someone-took-all-my-thoughts-and-put-them-in-a-book, then you should check out Jenny's book on autism, "Louder Than Words". Go Jenny! Go!

Noah's Mom

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you so much for posting this. Our son Drake was born at 27 weeks. He is now 8 weeks old which would of made him 35 weeks gestational. He is doing terrific!!!
The doctors are wanting us to sign for the okay for the 2 month vaccines but I am very uncertain of whether it is necessary at this time. Your comment on delaying until when the child would originally have been 2 months makes complete sense. Thank you so very much. For me and my family I think the doctors will just have to wait.
Recovering Noah said…
Hi Shannon!

Wow, I forgot that I even wrote that post. Thanks for commenting! :-)

The main thing is to trust your instincts. Mommy instincts are the best... and I really regret not trusting mine with Noah.

Glad your son is doing so well. Keep up the good work! :)

Best wishes,
Leslie

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!