Back in Texas... Catching Up

It's been soooo long since I last posted, hasn't it? So much has happened that I don't know where to begin.

Well, after posting about my greatest day ever a few weeks ago, Noah slept 3 hours that night and started shrieking nonstop from 3:00 am on. He basically reverted back to his old self where he just shrieked and stayed up constantly. Sim came on the 17th and after a few days we decided to give Noah a break and go back home. We tried everything we could to get the apartment straightened out. Honestly. We've been working on trying to figure out the problem from the moment we first stepped foot into it - b/c Noah was fine until we moved. So, Sim brought his EMF meter with him to TN and the apartment was so high in EMF's. We couldn't get them down. And then, during the last week we were there, Noah's foot baths started smelling of bleach. I mean, I got a splitting headache from the smell. So Sim talked to our neighbor (whose mom had lived in the apartment before us) and she said the place had really bad mold and they cleaned the place top to bottom with bleach. And the water had the strongest chlorine smell ever. And they chemically cleaned the carpets before we moved in. It was all just too much. Poor Noah couldn't handle it, so we left early. We still have 3 weeks left to complete and will try to go back 1 week at a time over the next year, whenever we can.

Anyway, the good news (and there is some!) is that we bought a house and we've been moving all week. Most of you know that we sold our house in Denton last year and we've been living with my parents for over a year now. It really helped us out financially, but the environment was just really bad. I mean, we had a power plant in our backyard! So, anyway, we've been looking since last October but we just couldn't find something that we could afford. (Well, God answered our prayers. Sim found the most amazing house in a town called Gun Barrel City. It's between Canton and Athens - near Mabank - and is part of Cedar Creek Lake. It's beautiful and just everything we could hope for. And the air there is amazing. We moved in on Thursday and Noah has slept like a log!! He slept a total of 15 hours last night. That's more than he's ever slept in his entire life!!! I think he's making up for 4 years of not sleeping. And Eli just loves it there. We've got squirrels and gorgeous bluejays and we feed them each morning. And Eli has a blast chasing frogs. It's just so quiet and beautiful and peaceful. We laid down on the trampoline yesterday and looked at the sky... and all we could see were big canopies of trees over us. It was heavenly. It's definitely taken every cent we have, so we literally cannot afford to do really any therapy anymore with Noah - except for whatever I make on Ebay, but we think the healthier environment is going to be one of the best things for Noah. It's been 3 days and we've already seen some postive changes. Yea!!!! The only bad thing is that we don't have internet yet. Yikes!!! I'm over at Mom's right now using hers - but hopefully it'll get connected in a week. I am SO suffering from internet withdrawal! :-)

So, hopefully that'll explain why I haven't written in so long. Many sleepless nights, then we packed up and moved back to Texas, then we moved to Gun Barrel City, and we don't have internet - yet. But things should be getting back on track in the next week or so. Noah starts school next week and I'm a nervous wreck. Oh, and did I forget to mention that Sim won't be living with us until he can get transferred?????? We don't know when that'll be. It could take a year! But the commute to Irving is too far. But it'll all work out. We are so confident that God led us to this house and this new town. I think out of everything that's happened over the last few months that I've realized that things work out so much better when I let God take over. I have such a tendency and urgency for Noah to get better that I often take charge without praying about whether it's the right decision. But we turned over the housing situation to God and he found us the most amazing house that is exactly what we needed and in the area we needed and that we could actually afford. We are still awe-struck that it worked out. But it did!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Noah's Mom

Comments

Anonymous said…
Leslie:
I just had to tell you this. I had tears in my eyes and my heart just warmed when I read all the things that Noah is doing. The kisses, the high 5's, the smiles while riding the train, playing and eating with his friends. That is so neat!

So sad that the bleach in the apartment was affecting him so badly. I am glad you all are not there anymore.

Loved reading about your new home. God is so good! Your peacefulness there and happiness kind of sounds like our story. We were so happy to move out of our apartment in Illinois which was not in the best of neighborhoods where the neighbors argued all the time and their music blasted every day to my small home town where I grew up. The loudest thing we here is the whistle that blows every night at 5:00 JUST to let everyone know it is 5:00. Anyway worry to ramble but just had to let you know that I am continuing to pray for Noah and that he will continue to get better. You and Simeon continue to be such a testimony to me. Oh, I loved the story of Eli praying for a balloon. So sweet. His concern for you being so sad about "being scared of the crocidiles" was so sweet too.
Leveta

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post