Expect a Miracle

Today, we were at a red light waiting to pull into the post office - and the car in front of us was bright yellow. The owner had taken yellow and white and orange shoe polish and wrote "Expect a Miracle" on the back of it and was just driving it around town. She pulled in next to us and I told her that I really liked her slogan. And she said that she gets a lot of compliments on it and that it's usually from people who really needed that message in their lives.

So, then, I came home and opened my email. I subscribe to Children of Destiny - which is run by parents of a child with autism and they send out dail prayers every weekday that are specific to special needs. Anyway, this was today's message...

Tuesday, August 8, 2006

“Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!”
(Luke 1:45, NIV)

PARENT’S PRAYER:

Dear Heavenly Father,
We thank you for the wonderful promises of abundant life you have given us. Lord, we pray that you would help us to believe for miracles in our lives. Lord, we boldly ask that you would bring _______ to new levels of functioning. We especially ask that you would touch him/her with your miraculous power for (name a few areas your child struggles with such as digestion, communication, OCD, hyperactivity, etc.). We ask that you would redeem those areas that are not fully functioning, and that you would begin a new cycle of healing and advancement. We thank you that you will accomplish great things in his/her life in days and years to come.
In Jesus’ Name,
Amen

Soooooooo.... I'm wondering if God's trying to tell me something. Maybe I need to change my attitude and not get so depressed if Noah's having a bad day or I'm starting to doubt that Noah will ever get better. Everyone has a bad day, right? You just get through it and start another day tomorrow. And don't carry yesterday's worries into today.

I need to be more positive.

I need to expect a miracle.

************************************************************************************
(Okay, on another note, I am completely aware that I'm probably going to sound like a crazy wacko with all my ramblings and stuff. But I'm sure I'm not alone. I know there are other parents out there who go through the same emotions - especially parents of children with autism. It's constantly up and down, up and down. It's a bit embarrassing to wear my heart on my sleeve and then post it on the internet for everyone to read, but bear with me. It'll get better). :-)

Noah's Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!