Eli's Surgery

We made it back to Texas a few days ago because Eli had dental surgery scheduled at Children's in Dallas. It was soooooooo good to cross over that Texas line! All of us - the kids and me - were really happy to get back home. Sim and my parents met us at Craig & Stephanie's in Mt. Pleasant and Sim drove back home the rest of the way. Eli honestly did not shut up for the entire 2 1/2 drive. He was such a chatterbox. He was really excited to see Sim. And when we turned on our road, Noah actually started smiling and clapping his hands. Ahhhhhh. It really makes me want to not go back to TN. I don't want to take them back to that dreary apartment. I mean, I will, don't worry - we are totally committed to Noah's treatments, but it is so good to see both boys as happy as they are now that we're back. And me, too!!! I love me some Texas! :-)

Well, Eli had his surgery today. 3 crowns and 5 fillings!! Needless to say, the poor kid feels absolutely miserable. First of all, they gave him the "kiddie margarita" to get him good and loosened up before the sedation. He was quite the happy camper for a little bit. About 1 1/2 hours later, they called us back to recovery and we while were waiting, Dad and I heard something that sounded like a caged wild animal. Yep. It was our Eli. He did NOT wake up from the sedation in a good mood. They said he would go through delirium before he fell into a deep sleep. He was making the most awful noises ever - just really deep and gutteral and primal. And he would get really still and then all of a sudden he'd throw his back and arch his body and start flailing about. He honestly looked possessed. I was certain that his head was going to start spinning around.

Right now, it's been about 10 hours since he came to and he's still really groggy. He's complaining that his mouth hurts and he wants us to kiss all of his teeth to make him feel better. As you can imagine, we've done plenty of "air" kisses today.

Noah seems to be doing a lot better since we returned home. It's good to know that the therapy in TN is working - although it did take us having to return home to see the benefits. I think Noah's just much more comfortable here. I hate to take him back, but I think the final 2 months of therapy will really help him out and then we should see some really good stuff once we return home. His eye contact has been stellar and he's just so darn happy. He is still screeching loads and has been doing so ever since we first set foot in that apartment a month ago. His cranial sacral therapist (CST) says that his nervous system is really charged up. We think there's just so much energy in the apartment and that it's overloaded him. He can't calm down. Tamara has a stetzer meter, so we're going to check out the electricity that's coming through each of the plugs in the apartment when we get back and figure out if we need more stetzer filters. We go back to Dr. Kestner on Friday (she's our CST) and she always does great work with him. If any of you are in need of a good chiropracter, I highly recommend Dr. Kestner - who's on Forest Lane in Dallas. She's awesome!

So much has happened this week. I'll try to write more soon!

Noah's Mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post