Headed to Austin

It is 11:45pm and the alarm is set to go off at 4:00 o'clock. And what am I doing? Sitting here blogging.

But I can always sleep in the car, so it's okay.

We are headed to Austin tomorrow via Sea World. Eli turns 4 on Monday and he's been begging us to go to Sea World for the last 9 months. I think he saw a commercial about it or something and that's all it took. At least we got him to quit talking about Disney World. Honestly, I think he just wants to go somewhere that ends in "World". I once told him that we were going to Wally World (Walmart) and he got SO excited. And he didn't even care when we pulled into the Walmart parking lot. It had the word "World" at the end of it - so that's all that mattered.

He is terribly excited. I have a feeling we will be hearing about his excitement for the entire 5 hours it takes to get down there. Sim and I will be half-dead and Eli will be a ball of energy. But it'll be cool. It's always cool to see these things through your child's eyes.

So, then tomorrow night we're headed to Austin, where we'll stay for the rest of the week. Noah will be going to this autism camp at HALO. I.Cannot.Wait. I'm so excited for Simeon to see how awesome Noah does when he's with Soma. I think it's going to blow his socks off and just really make him see Noah in a different light. I'm not sure how Sim handles the whole autism thing. He's the strong, silent type. I more than make up for his silence by yapping away every chance I get. Everyone knows my ups and downs with autism, but Sim is just very quiet and keeps to himself. But I do think it's hard for him... and I just think he's going to be blown away when he sees Noah's potential. I know he knows this whole thing is really important to Noah because he ended up selling his motorcycle to pay for the trip - which was a huge deal and completely his idea. So, it's going to be really amazing to see what all happens.

Anyway, it's really cool how the whole camp thing worked out. We were originally planned to go at the end of October - which was great. We booked back in February and the end of Oct was the earliest they had available. No problem. However, Nandini's papers got pushed through faster than we thought. The judge granted us verbal guardianship (yea!) and although there's a few more steps involved, we should be able to travel next month. Well, that put a kink in our plans. Soma is now booked up a year in advance and if we cancelled, we were out of our money and out of luck.

Well, the day after the found out about Nandini's verbal guardianship, we got a call from HALO. We hadn't talked to them, so they had no idea that we were going to cancel. I'm not even sure if they know we're adopting - so it was completely a random call. Well, they had a family scheduled to go to camp this coming week, but they couldn't make it. So HALO wanted to know if we'd be interested in switching camps. Isn't that amazing? I mean, God really took care of this for us. It was just so unreal to be crying about cancelling the camp one night and then wake up in the morning to find out that another family wanted to switch dates with us. It was just such an incredible experience.

So, here we are... about to embark on an amazing journey for Noah and for us. I cannot wait to see what Soma gets Noah to do. She is just fantastic with him. I think it's going to be a great week. We're going to Sea World. We'll spend a week at HALO. We're going to go to Lake Travis every day to swim (Noah LOVES the water). We're going to see the bats out of the bridge on Congress. I can't wait.

Okay, enough with the blogging. The alarm is going off in 3 hours and 45 minutes. Momma needs to get to bed.

I hope everyone has a good week - and can't wait to catch up when we get back.

Noah's Mom

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm praying for you in Austin...hope everything goes well and Eli has a spectacular birthday!
Anonymous said…
Leslie,

I know you say you aren't the singing type, but please sing this one to Eli for me, ok?!

Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuu.
Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuuu.
Happy Birthday, dear Eliiiiiiii.
Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuu!!

(Wow! You sounded great!! lol)

Oh, and....I've seen the bats at Congress. They are sooooo cool to watch!

Hope you all are having a wonderful trip. Praying for safety, fun, relaxation, Noah's learning, and a few dollars left over when you get home! ;)
Dreama said…
Have a wonderful trip...and one word of advice...DO NOT shave your legs in the morning before you go to Sea World then proceed to watch Shamu!!! The salt water will burn!!!
Anonymous said…
Hope ya'll are having a great time!! I'm praying for ya!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!