Potato People

I know I've been pretty silent on here for the last week or so. I'm just soooo overwhelmed with adoption paperwork. It's kicking my boo-tay in the most serious way.

We finally got our I-800A and dossier sent off last week and we're filming our family video and putting together our family photo album today and will send if all off tomorrow with our acceptance papers. I'm hoping we'll get our I-800A approval in the next few weeks and then it's fingerprints and the I-800 after that and then we're still possibly looking at up to 12 months after that.

It's not going as fast as I was hoping but Little N will eventually get here and that's all that matters.

In the meantime, Eli and Nandi have been keeping me on my toes (two words - Sibling Rivalry!) - and I'm getting a pretty good preview of what this summer is going to look like... and I'm not looking forward to it!

I am, however, considering writing a blog called "Stuff My Quirky Kid Does That Amuse Me".

No, not really. But he does make me laugh.

May I introduce you to the newest members of our family?

Potato Mama and Potato Baby.

Potato Baby was originally just going to be a regular ol' Potato Guy until Eli accidentally cut the bottom half of his body off while trying to make a hole for the legs with a screwdriver. Fortunately, we had some gauze left over from who knows what previous emergency and Eli was able to fashion together a diaper.

And, of course, no pretend play is complete without Polly Pockets.

Best. $5. Garage. Sale. Investment. Ever!

With sprouting sweet potatoes (notice Baby's curly "hair" peeking out from his cap?) and left over easter egg hats and recycled flowers from our Tea Party, I think Eli did a bang up job. What do you think?

Of course, the excitement lasted approximately 5 minutes after completion and now he's on to his next adventure.

I do have wilted spinach leaves and some mushy zucchini in the bottom or our fridge... I wonder what he can do with that?

Comments

Last Mom said…
Love them! I wish my girl had some of his ability to make his own fun!
Mama Scribbler said…
I just found your post from Jan. 28th, 2009. I want to thank you for sharing that simple money saving idea. Snapped me out of the funk I was in wondering how in the world I could ever teach my son to communicate. So thank you very much and God Bless.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!