Our Computer is Kaput

Yep, it's dead. Gone. Gone. Gone.

You're supposed to clean them. Computers. Did you know that? Yeah, if you don't, then all sorts of dust and dog hair and who knows what collects in it and then it overheats and fries.

Apparently, CPU stands for Clean Periodically U (Idiot).

I barely remember to dust the tops of the pictures frames and clean that back part of the toilet that no ones sees. Am I really supposed to remember to clean the inside my computer, too?

Sigh.

It's a shame really. I had all sorts of interesting and thought provoking blog posts that I was preparing to write. Like,

How to Teach Your Children to Sit Down at the Dinner Table Without Resorting to Duct Tape

and

How to Go Green: Save Money on Trash Bags By Shoveling Your Dog Poo Over The Neighbor's Fence

and

From Fat to Fab: How to Get Bikini Ready On a Steady Diet of Ben & Jerry's

That one was my personal favorite. I was even going to post pictures in my new itsty bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini.

But... sigh... it's the world's loss.

So, from time to time, until we can save up for a new computer, I'll pop on over to my mom and dad's, raid their ridge, sneak in a load of laundry, and sit the kids in front of Scooby Doo videos and the Wii and hop onto the computer.

They live in the sticks, so it's a bit of a slow connection at times.

Which means it'd take forevvvvvvvah to download my Swimsuit Illustrated photos. It's a shame. I know.

Anyway, I'll be online every now and then.

Until then, I guess I'd better get to cleaning my house. We can't afford for it to overheat and combust, too. :(

Comments

Lisa said…
Boo on the computer but appreciate the warning.

You can seriously make me laugh till tears. Thank you.
Sneha V said…
OH NO! :(
It's officially then -- technology sucks.

My computer ate my bio notes. :(

<3 Sneha
Amy said…
Well then, looks like I am just going to have to call you often to get my Leslie fix. :0)
And are you serious about having to dust them? Crud. :-) Amy
Mom 4 Kids said…
Hey I know the "dog poo over the fence" trick. I say it's natures way! Sorry to hear about your computer. Keep posting! :-)
TracyC said…
Noooo...not only do I miss the advice I've been waiting all my life for--swimsuit ready on ben and jerry's but....but...you tell me dust and crud is bad for my computer. Mine is probably on borrowed time....

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post