Amy's Pickle Jar Overfloweth

I really encourage all of you right now to head over to Amy's blog and read about the AMAZING thing that God has done in her life.

It is a true testimony of what happens when you hand everything over to God.

Amy and her family have felt led to adopt from Ethiopia for a long time, but they didn't have the funds to pay for an adoption. Finally, she just said, "Okay, God. If this is what you want, we'll do it. I don't know how we'll do it, but we'll do it." And they all took a leap of faith and took their first step towards another adoption: they set up a pickle jar on their counter and started putting in all their loose change.

And then Amy mentioned the pickle jar on her blog and that their family feels led to adopt from Ethiopia. And even though the money isn't there - and even though it may take 5 years to save - this is what God is planning for them and they can't ignore it any longer.

And then.... well, you need to head over there and find out not only what happened next... but what's going to happen because of what happened next.

While you're at it, go ahead and bookmark her blog. You will love it! I promise.

Comments

Sneha V said…
Hey Leslie. :)

it's been forever since I've had a chance to update my blog or comment on yours...i didn't have a computer while I was in the uk.
I enjoyed being computer less though! Haha

Anywayss,
a) I think you're entirely justified in being freaked out about the motorcycle. It is super sweet of his coworkers though, like, unbelievably sweet. :) What did you y'all end up doing?
B) I'm sorry things with Nandi haven't gotten better. :( Wpuld it be too cliched if I told you you're awesome & it will eventually get better? Who knows, maybe the new room will work wonders. :)
C)SQUEE about Noah meeting Anoop! That so sweet and I'm so happy for him. (and you!)

I'll update my blog soon with my uk shenanigans!
Hope you get back online soon! :)

<3
sneha.
Mom 4 Kids said…
Hey Leslie,

Hope things are going as well as they can with the changes you have underway. No doubt it will be of benefit in the near future! Hugs!

Wonderful news about Amy's Pickle Jar too!!! Can't wait!
Anonymous said…
Leslie:
I'm not able to post on Amy's blog but will you let her know that I am so happy for them and can't wait to see the beautiful child/children that the Lord has planned for them.
Leveta
Thank you for the link to Amy's blog. I am speechless. You are incredible women and I deeply admire you both.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post