A Pretty Good Week

Thought I'd post how Noah did this week. There were some rough patches, but I figure I concentrate too much on those and need to lighten up this blog a bit.

Noah started giving kisses on the phone this week. So, if I'm talking to Sim or Mom & Dad, I can put the phone up to this ear and say "Give Daddy (or Nonna or Papa) a kiss and he'll actually place his lips on the phone. Isn't that awesome? He doesn't look at the phone or act like he's even paying attention, but he does lean in and touch the phone with his lips. He's doing it pretty consistently, too, so we are all sooooo excited. I think it's been 3 1/2 years since he last did that.

Also, today he climbed into his car seat by himself. All by himself. I was so excited and said, "Give me five, Noah!" - totally not expecting anything in return. But that kid actually looked me in the eye and smacked my hand with his his. I was in shock. And, of course, then I had to call Sim and Mom & Dad and tell them all about it. Just like kissing the phone, it's been 3 1/2 years since he last did a proper high five.

Another thing is that Noah is now sleeping much better. He's pretty much sleeping through the night now. He's been getting up about 6:00 this week, but last night he slept until 8:00 in the morning. Whoo hoo!!! He went to sleep at 9:00 tonight and I'm going to try to hit the sack just in case the spell gets broken and he's up at 3:00, but it's been really good this week. He has been stimming like crazy and has added crazy laughing to his current bag of tricks, which include grunting, hissing, screeching, and banging his hands together. But give me a full night of sleep and I can handle about anything - so it's okay.

Eli had decided that he loves day care - which he calls "school". He loves his teacher (he calls her "grandma teacher" because she's older) and he actually asks to go to school. It finally dawned on me that maybe he's sick of hanging around me and needs a break! hahaha. He's probably sick of seeing me all the time! And he loves his little friends at school. He's having a blast now.

He's getting so smart. We bought a membership to the Nashville Zoo (which also gives us free visits to the Dallas Zoo) and we go once or twice a week just to give us something to do. Well, Eli has become like this expert 2 year old zoologist. We saw some birds at the zoo and I said, "Hey Eli, look at the birds". He turned around and said "No, Mommy. Dat's a crane". And sure enough, that little sucker was right. It was an African Crane. How did he know that?

He's also totally gotten into the Crocodile Hunter. He's been watching the memorial specials that they've been airing this week on Animal Planet (we get free cable with the apartment) and is so fascinated with crocodiles now. And I practically bawl everytime an episode comes on because I'm saddened by Steve Irwin's death and just feel terrible for his family. I can't even imagine losing my husband or the kids losing their dad. So, I get all sniffly everytime it comes on and Eli pats me on the hand and says, "Don't worry, Mommy. The crocodiles won't get you". Ahhh, the innocence of a 2 year old. I just want to scoop him up and protect him from everything he's going to face out there in the world and let him keep his innocence forever.

I guess that's it. I know there's probably more things that happened that I can't think of off the top of my head. I really need to try and post daily - otherwise I forget everything. One thing I haven't forgotten is the countdown to Simeon coming out here. 9 days. And today is almost gone, so it's really like 8 days, and if you don't count tomorrow, it's 7 days. Yea!!! He's coming on the 17th - Eli's 3rd birthday and I can't wait. Eli doesn't know yet, so it'll be a huge surprise for him. Also, I found a huge brand new gorgeous 3 foot crocodile stuffed animal at a thrift store for $1. One dollar!!! And I can't wait for us to give it to him. I also found two Curious George plush toys at Target on clearance for $2.98 because some kid had gotten loose and put marker all over Curious George's face and no one wanted the two toys after that. Goodness, don't people know that a bit of Aqua Net will take anything off??? Anyway, this is the first birthday that he actually knows what's going on. And I'm so glad Sim will be here to celebrate it. And then...... I'm going to let him take the kids out and I'm going to have a much anticipated nap!! :-)

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Noah's Mom

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Leslie,
Can you e-mail me your apt address, I'd like to send Eli a B-day card.
Hugs & kisses to the boys...
Hang in there sweetie!
A Jane
janerogers8888@sbcglobal.net

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!