A Quick Update

Hey, guess what? The kids are both asleep! They fell asleep around 8:45 pm. I looked outside and didn't see pigs flying, so I can't quite explain it. haha

I'm going to keep this quick because I should take advantage of their sleeping and go to bed myself, but wanted to post a quick update.

Noah is doing okay. He's making small progress here and there. He has decided that he doesn't want to sleep by himself anymore. I found him cuddled up to Eli the other night. That was a first! He is also starting to test me, I think. Much like a typical two year old would. Most people wouldn't be so thrilled when their child starts acting up, but I'm actually very happy. I remember the time when Noah threw his first (and one of his only) temper tantrums. We were so excited!! It was such a typical thing for him to do and we were so happy that he was exhibiting typical behavior. I can honestly say that I don't think we take one thing for granted with him. It's also made us hyper aware of Eli's developmental milestones. They all seem so huge to us because we didn't experience a lot of that with Noah. I think I had to stop myself from taking a picture of Eli picking his nose for the first time. It was so exciting! Look! Look! He's picking his nose. Grab the camera, quick!

But I do think that Noah's starting to do a few new things in the last couple of days. He definitely has started wanting to cuddle with me. He actually grabbed my hand and pulled me on to the bed the other night. I had tucked him in and laid down beside him and he didn't want me to get up. Also, whenever we say "Give me a kiss", he leans his forward down to our mouths. That's his way of giving kisses. Well, I was laying down the other morning with Eli while Noah was playing. He suddenly stopped playing, ran over to me, leaned his forward down to my mouth, and then ran off to his toys. I think he gave me a kiss!

He's loving his therapies. We had lots of metals come out of his foot bath this afternoon. Again, I know it sounds so strange, but it works. We use a foot bath ionizer. Anyway, I can't explain it but you can google it. All I know is that the bottom of the bath had loads of metals in it. They come out as charged ions and then clump together in the water (because the water is charged as an opposite). I am so bad at explaining this stuff! But the point is that what we're doing here is working.

Tamara wants us to give Noah more "wet" types of foods. He eats a lot of dry foods like rice crackers, rice cakes, dry cereal, gluten free toast and waffles. He still has stomach issues and she says that dry foods are really hard to digest. She suggested that we try to make Indian food -since Noah is originally from India and Indian foods tend to be more of a wet type of food. This means I have to learn to cook! She's already banned the microwave. What am I going to do?? I'm a product of the microwave generation. :-) No, seriously, though, I am a pretty bad cook, so will definitely be looking for "Indian Cooking for Dummies" at our nearest Barnes and Nobles. But Tamara does have a point. When we were here before, she gave Noah macrobiotic foods that were wet and he started having a BM daily and they were formed. (sorry - hope no one is eating while reading this). I know his diet makes a huge difference, so tomorrow I'm off to Wild Oats to buy "Noah food". I just hope Eli eats it! I think he could live off gummy bears, Ritz crackers, and cheese.

Okay, off to bed. Will keep you all posted.

Noah's Mom

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the post. Keep adding them. It realy helps to see through your eyes what is going on. Love ya,
M&D
Anonymous said…
Hi, Hope all is well. I like your website. You are doing a great job and please know our prayers are with you.
Love, Maw maw
Anonymous said…
yeah, yeah, yeah, but the real post I want to hear about....any sight of Keith & Nicole yet???
Just kidding!, Love hearing the updates, my blessings and prayers are with you!
Love, A. Jayne

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!