Happy Birthday Sweet Noah!

I could've sworn that when I put him to bed last night, he looked like this...



But when he woke up this morning, he looked like this...

(Disclaimer - Eli picked out his clothes!!)

A beautiful and sweet ELEVEN year old!

Happy Happy Birthday to the boy who stole my heart, changed my life, and started it all.

Noah Partha, I love you more than you will ever know. And it is such a privilege being your mom. I am so grateful that I've been able to spend these last 10 years with you and watch you  grow into the handsome, funny, and intelligent young man you are today.

If only the whole world could see what we get to see everyday. If only they knew how brave and how strong you are and how each day that you're alive is a miracle. Everything you do is a miracle. Walking next to me in the grocery store and putting veggies into plastic bags? That's a miracle. Learning how to stack blocks on top of each other? Another miracle. Bringing the peanut butter jar to me when you want to play with the lid? People would never know what a milestone that is in your life.

You are the reason I wake up in the morning.

My entire life has changed because of you. I resisted at first, and I grieved for a long time. I kicked and screamed and spent years looking for the magic pill that would take you back to the boy in that first picture up above. But I am forever grateful for the day when I began to see what a miracle you are and how amazing and funny and intelligent you can be.

Out of all our kids, you're the only one who likes me to read to him.  You're the only one who loves classical music and who shares my love for history. You enjoy going for walks and sitting behind your Papa on the four wheeler. You find pleasure in the simplest of things.

I know that you're aware of what's going on. And I know there are days when sometimes it just seems too much.  I hear you crying at night, more often that I'd like to admit, but you always have a smile on your face when you wake up in the morning, as if to say, "What? I get to spend another day with you, Mom? I love life!"

I just wanted to thank you, Noah Partha. You have taught me the meaning of true and unconditional love. You've given me patience and insight and a tolerance for people that I might otherwise never have.  It's your birthday, sweet boy, but I'm the one feeling incredibly blessed.

I love you to the moon and back
As far as the sun
And as deep as the sea
Forever and ever
My love for you will always be


Comments

Tammy said…
Happy Birthday Noah!!! He looks so much like Seth in that second picture.......

Tammy M
Peter and Nancy said…
You are both such gifts to each other! This was a delight to read, and I'm forwarding the link to a friend of mine whose 13-year-old son has autism & PDD and has blossomed in the last year. His growth isn't all that visible to outsiders, but she and her husband see it, and I know that God, who sees everything, is cheering him, them, you and Noah on!!!
Nancy
Colista said…
I love Noah. His beautiful heart seeps through the screen.
Happy Birthday Buddy!
No Greater Love said…
Ahhh....you made me cry. That was beautiful. Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy!!!!!
Mummy J said…
Happy Birthday Noah. Your post made me cry. So much inspiration to be drawn out of your blog. Thanks!
Heather said…
Sniff..
Last Mom said…
Happy birthday, Noah!!!
yellowgirl said…
what a precious post. noah is truly a gift to you and to the blogosphere as we watch his life unfold in beauty and grace and the heat of the fire. blessings on you, mama!

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!