Vindicated

I just have to pop on here quickly to say that I AM RIGHT! Our neighbors ARE pot-heads. I told ya. I TOLD YA!

Now, if you read my last blog post, you'll remember that I've long subscribed to the theory that our neighbors are pot heads. EVERY SINGLE TIME anyone burns leaves in our neighborhood, I smell pot.

And you might recall that Sim has long subscribed to the theory that I am a crazy woman who likes to stir up trouble and who hopes to get on the local news.

Well, Sim just raked and burned 20 loads of leaves. And does it smell like pot? No it does not.  And why doesn't it? Because we don't smoke pot.

So here's the scenario that just played out in our front yard...

Me - Hmmm. Whatcha doin' there, Sim?

Sim - What does it look like I'm doing?

Me - Looks like you're burning some leaves there...

Sim - (Stops what he's doing and looks at me)  Go ahead and say it.

Me - Say what? I just came outside because I saw you burning some leaves and thought I could use a little pick me up. Thought I could inhale some pot,  if you know what I mean.

Sim - (rolls his eyes and again probably questions why he married me)

Me - And then I thought, wait a minute, I don't actually smell any pot. You're burning leaves, but I don't smell that pot smell. Why is that??

Sim - (rolls his eyes - again. He is either becoming an expert eye roller or is secretly a rebellious teenage girl).

You were right.

(Insert pigs flying and hail in the middle of August because Sim just admitted I was right).

Me- What? I didn't hear that?

Sim - You were right.

Me - What? I couldn't hear you over the roar of those burning pot leaves. Could you say that again? (And, yes, I'm aware that I am incredibly annoying, but it's just so much fun to be vindicated, isn't it?)

And then we came to the conclusion that we might actually just live in a pot-infested neighborhood full of  law-abiding lawyers and teachers and city officials by day.. .and shady characters by night.

And now I get to go all Sherlock Holmes and try to figure out which neighbors like to party with the ganja.

Anna, I wish you were here so that we could be vindicated together. You tell your family that you are right. Moms DO know what they're talking about. We're not just cookie makers and laundry doers. A lifetime of changing diapers has given us Champion Sniffers.  We're the bloodhounds of the family.  Can't put anything past us. No siree, Bob.

And Bob? I've got my eye on you....

Comments

Noah and Noo said…
I LOVE it!!! Brilliantly funny girl you are!

xx
Anonymous said…
Funny!!! I told ya!! You live in good ol' GBC! There's certain places around town you can smell it. You never know, there may be a meth lab or distillery way back in those woods...
Dreama

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post