Auctions for a Cause

Auctions for a Cause


Many of you know that in January 2010, I went on a trip to India to volunteer at Sarah's Covenant Homes. It completely changed my life. I fell deeply in love with Sarah's mission to help abandoned children with special needs and I think I left a piece of my heart with every single child there.

Last week, Sarah brought home 21 new children from the government orphanage. This means 21 new beds, 21 new sets of clothes, diapers for 21 new kids, medicines and therapies and surgeries for 21 more children... it adds up fast.

We have decided to hold an Arts & Crafts auction to help raise money for SCH and their new children.  We've started a blog called Auctions for a Cause and you can find it HERE . You do NOT have to be crafty or artistic to donate. One lady sells Pampered Chef and is donating a Pampered Chef item. We've had people ask if they can donate gift cards. A friend of mine is donating the cowboy decorations from her son's room.  I have some aprons that I bought off Etsy a few years ago that I plan on putting in the auction.

The point is... if you want to help, you can. And all funds raised go directly to SCH.  You'll be able to help children like Emma...



And Jackie....



And Zinnia....



And Jamila



If you've ever wanted to make a difference, but didn't know how, this is your chance. You don't have to spend a dime. And, actually, if you have a business or an etsy store or are trying to raise money for an adoption or a cause, then this is the PERFECT opportunity for you.  Check out our section on "How To Make A Donation" to find out why.

I know I haven't been blogging regularly and it's probably cheeky to come on here and ask for help, but if you'd like to participate we'd be so grateful. And if you can't participate, will you help spread the word?

Donate a Gift.  Save a Life.

It feels kinda good, right?

www.auctionsforacause.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

My 10 Minute Catch-Up Blog Post