Kelly's Korner - Show Us Your Singles! Introducing Liza

Last summer, Kelly (over at Kelly's Korner) did a "Show Us Your Singles" day where everyone could link onto her blog and post about their brother or daughter or friend or cousin or whomever they wanted and try to fix them up.

And did you know that since then there have been two engagements and another couple still together?

So when Kelly decided to do another "Show Us Your Singles", I had to jump on it... because I have the perfect person that I've been dying to fix up for ages.

Let me introduce you to Liza....


Isn't she gorgeous? We consider Liza (pronounced "Leeza" and short for Elizaveta) our "Russian Daughter" because she lived with us for three years while she was studying for her Bachelor's degree here in Texas. Now she's all grown up (just turned 28) and has a fantastic career in finance, her own place, a wonderful network of friends and family.... but for some reason she's still single.

Guys, I just don't understand....

Liza is a breath of fresh air. She's originally from Uzbekistan and is extremely social and cultured. She speaks flawless English... and dare I say, even has a bit of a Texas accent? Yee haw! She loves to travel. She's super adventurous - and is game for anything. She plays the piano beautifully and is an excellent tennis player.

But what I love most about Liza is that she's so down to earth. Yes, she loves a good pair of heels and going out to a restaurant with a group of friends, but she also won't think twice about putting on a pair of tennis shoes and running a 5K with her sister. She's so wonderful with my kids and was invaluable to us the first year after Noah came home. With his undiagnosed special needs.... we couldn't have made it through that year without her.

She's a natural around children and has great instincts. She's just so much fun!

Liza is also incredibly family oriented. Her parents and her sister live in Dallas and she is extremely close to them.


This is Liza with her sister Nadia (who is also single!)

Liza with our kids at Dallas Heritage Village.

We just adore Liza. She's the best of both worlds.... she wouldn't hesitate to go out with friends on a Friday night and have a great time, and then spend Saturday playing tennis at the park before catching a live show or going to the symphony that evening, and then lounging around Sunday afternoon curled up on the couch watching movies with her family. She's just all-around a wonderful person and, personally, I think a guy would have to be a fool not to want her.

Just my humble little opinion.... seeing as I am her American mother and all...

Though it has nothing to do with me, I would love to see Liza with a real man. Girls, you know what I'm talking about. None of this wishy-washy, I don't know what I want, can't make up his own mind, too afraid to get his hands dirty boy... but a honest to goodness, down to earth, God-fearing, holds the door open, loves his momma, sends those flowers, athletic, strong and handsome man. And if he's a bit cultured and likes to dance then that's a plus, too.

Okay, so I'm asking for the whole package all wrapped up nice and neat with a little red bow. But we moms just want the whole world for our kids now don't we?

If you linked over here from Kelly's Korner and think that Liza is the bomb-diggity, leave a comment with your email and I'll forward everything on to her. Or you can email me at recoveringnoah@yahoo.com .

Wait... what's that sound? Do I hear wedding bells........?



Comments

Lisa said…
Liza is lovely (and so is Nadia). Hoping she finds the man of her dreams.

I've missed you, Leslie.
Lauren said…
I did a link on Kelly's blog about my brother (He's #142) and was just looking around at some of the other post and came across your's. I think Liza is so pretty! :o)

Here the link to my blog about my brother
http://larochefamily-j-l.blogspot.com/

See what you think?

Sincerely,
Lauren
Tiffany said…
Aww, she's adorable! I did a link about my favorite cousin, Sean!! He's number 250! If you think she might be interested, leave me a comment and I'll get them in touch! :)
jltaylor said…
I did a link for a very good friend of mine he is #313. It links to a facebook page but if Liza is intersted she can send a message there or email me at jltaylor@charter.net
Emily said…
Have her check out my blog later today...i've been working on a post for my friend Brian...I had him check out your post and he was definetly interested!!

Emily

www.nickandemilystritmatter.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!