We're Going to India!

We're going to India! We're going to India! (cha cha cha).

Eli has made me put on Nandini's princess costume... and, of course, being the chocolate loving gal I am (and being 31 years older), the only thing that fits me is the hot pink feather decorated crown and the glitter/streamer decorated magic wand... but anyway, I am decked out in a crown and waving a wand and Eli is wearing his knight costume with his Spiderman mask and we are cha-cha'ing around the living room with our new favorite song... "We're Going to India. We're going to In-di-A".

Yep, we finally got our travel clearance yesterday.

We're going to India!

So, what a relief. The stress is finally rolling off my shoulders. I do know that it will quickly be replaced with the realization that we have to fly to Charlotte, then New York, then to Delhi... resulting in a NINETEEN hour non-stop flight from Delhi to NY on the way back and an overnight stay in NYC and then NY to Charlotte to Dallas on the way back... but I will not think about that at this moment... b/c this moment is all about us...

Going to India. Going to India. (cha cha cha).

Anyway, we moved our flights up a week b/c our original schedule didn't allow for the embassy to be closed on Thanksgiving, so we moved it up a week. Oh wait. Oh man.

******************************************

Okay, I just returned to the computer. As I was typing up the info, I realized that the U.S. Embassy is closed on Nov 9 because of Diwali.. which is the day we planned on filing our adoption papers. So... I had to shoot another email off to the travel agent... who I know without a doubt hopes he never has to hear from me again. This is turning out to be a nightmare.

We are still going to India. I'm just not sure when. We might be able to leave on Nov 8 and just really have to book it to get everything processed. Yikes. Okay, give me a few hours and hopefully I'll be back on here cha cha'ing with our final plans.

Noah's Mom

Comments

Anonymous said…
Leslie,
I'm SOOOO excited for you!
To bad, you couldn't post a pix of you and Eli in your costumes...I can just imagine...lol.
With the change in plans, hopefully you will be home in time for Thanksgiving....we were certainly going to miss you and your mom.
Please keep us posted, if possible James and I would love to be at the airport when you return so that we can meet & greet our new niece.
A.Jayne

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Noah said, "I love you, Mom"!!!