Happy New Year!

Well, I just wanted to give an update on Noah and our plans for the New Year.

Noah continues to go in peaks and waves. Some days we can really see progress and others.. well... it seems that he's gone backwards. We did see amazing results after his first homeopathy remedy at the beginning of November. The second dose did not seem to help at all. In fact, he seemed to regress in front of our eyes. At one point, we found him drinking water out of the toilet. Also, at one point his skin seemed to be getting better and then this past week, he has reopened all of his scabs and wounds - and his right arm is currently bandaged from his shoulder all the way to his wrist. And he has little red bumps all over his body. My own opinion is that it's a viral detox rash. Noah has extremely high rubella, EBV, Herpes VI, CMVC, and measles titers - higher than should be normal in a child who is vaccinated - especially one who has not been vaccinated since 18 months old. And every time we test his blood, the titers (levels) of these viruses seems to have multiplied. I have often heard that when viruses leave the body that kids break out in terrible rashes - and then they start to improve. Well, yesterday - after nearly 6 weeks of regression, Noah had a breakthrough. My gosh, he was so happy yesterday. And so affectionate. He just wanted to be wherever we were. His cognition seemed to improve slightly, too. For example, there was a bag of potato chips in the middle of the breakfast bar, and you could tell he was trying to figure out how to get it - and he figured it out. He has also become a master trampoliner. This little boy, who was never meant to walk, can now jump on the trampoline like a regular kid. It is the most beautiful sight. I think I could watch it all day long. Honestly. It's like watching a miracle unfold right before your eyes. Anyone who's ever seen the impossible become possible nows exactly what I'm talking about. It's pure joy.

Well, our plans for the new year involve switching homeopathists (we had a major clash with the previous one) and we have a new appointment with a top-notch homeopath in San Antonio. She works only with kids on the spectrum and has had success in recovering children. She was also highly recommened by Dr. Amy Lanksy, who wrote "The Impossible Cure" about her own son who recovered from autism with homeopathy. So, we are really excited.

We also plan to continue - slowly - with the Dr. Yasko supplementation program. Honestly, we can't afford to do the whole thing, but he does need basic minerals and vitamins and so at least he'll be getting them daily. We've also been instructed by our new homeopath that Noah must be 100% gluten & casein free. Sigh. I hate that diet. I really do. But .... doctor's orders. So, we'll continue with homeopathy, supplements, and restart the diet this year. And we'l see how it goes. It's a new year.... anything is possible.

We also hope to update the website in the next few months. It's completely out of date and still has all our TN info on it. We plan on removing all of that, but leaving Noah's history on there and making it more generic about his history and what we've done over the past four years. Then, people can come to this blog for updates. So... look for a new website sometime this spring!

The rest of us are all doing good. Eli FINALLY got potty-trained. Whoo hoo! He's so proud of himself... and we're proud that we save $50 bucks a month on pull-ups now. Noah is still in diapers... but Eli says he's going to potty-train Noah. I say, "Go for it, Eli!" haha.

Sim hasn't gotten transferred yet, so he still commutes to Irving each day. I'm very fortunate enough to be able to stay at home this semester. We take it one semester at a time. I still sell on Ebay and have finally gotten motivated to list some new things, and have sold quite a bit in the last few days. Yea!

All in all, we have a very postive outlook for 2007. I know my attitude has changed quite a lot in the last few weeks and I'm going to try and not be so on myself. I have always rested Noah's recovery on myself. If something failed, I blamed myself for not trying hard enough or for trying the wrong thing. And that's no way to live. If God wants Noah to recover, it's not going to matter what I tried or didn't try. So, we are trying our best to leave it in God's hands (although I still have to remind myself that daily). We still continue to search - because I don't think God wants us to sit on our rear and just wait around - but we have realized that we need to give ourselves credit for trying - and continuing to try.

We hope you all have a great 2007 - and we look forward to updating you on Noah's progress throughout the year.

Thank you so much for supporting us. It means a lot.

Noah's Mom

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Leslie, It was great getting an update on Noah!!! I am glad to here that things are going well. The pictures are wonderful. You guys do have some handsome boys.
Jaimie

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Why I Haven't Been Blogging