URGENT Need for a Family for Child in Latvia

I know that all it takes is just one simple search on the internet and suddenly you're flooded with stories about children in far away countries who urgently need to find a home. Most of the time, I say a quick prayer, lament the fact that we're not in a position to adopt right now, and hope they find a family.

Every once in awhile, though, you come across a story that just rips your heart in two. That's how I'm feeling right now after reading Davids' story.

I can't tell you why it's touched me so much... most likely because I can't imagine what's it like to be on the verge of aging out of the system. Knowing that in 12 days, you're going to be kicked out of the only home you know and forced to fend for yourself on the streets. No food. No money. No shelter. No job. No education. No prospects.... unless you consider suicide, prostitution, or drugs a good prospect.

This sweet boy, Davids, is going to face those prospects on January 23rd. He was going to be adopted but the family backed out at the last minute and Davids is so distraught that he's become physically ill from the stress.

He seems like such a sweet boy.... small for his age. Still liking toys and games that 9, 10, and 11 year old boys like. Funny and bright and usually happy. He was hosted in the US last summer and did really great. There doesn't seem to be any behavioral problems that tend to scare people away from adopting older children.

Anyway, I hope you'll read his story. You can find it HERE and read about Davids' story and see his picture.

I hope you'll pray for this sweet boy. I look at my own kids and I cannot imagine any of them ever being forced out onto the street. And the thought of that.... the thought of what their future could have been like..... it makes me cry. And I can't help but cry for this boy - who I've never met - but whose future is hanging in the balance. Whose future depends on someone stepping forward and saying, "That's my son".

Please read his story. Look at his picture. Pray for him. Pray for a family. He has less than 2 weeks before he's out on the street.

Thanks.

Comments

Mama said…
Praise God! Davids now has a family.

Popular posts from this blog

The Answer to Noah's Shirt Chewing...

Acceptance and Moving Forward

Look Who's Eight!